World Leaders in Regenerative Medicine.
Surecell medical group specializes in the clinical application of autologous PRP and stem cell therapy. The Surecell group treats up to 1,000 patients per month, trains medical professionals from across the globe and creates educational material accessible to both patients and health workers. With Clinics across Australia, as well as in Thailand and Bangladesh, find out how Surecell therapy could help you.
What is PRP?
Our blood is made up of 93% red blood cells, 6% white blood cells, 1% platelets and plasma. Platelets are best known for their function of blood-clotting to stop bleeding. Platelets, however, are much more significant than this, as human platelets are also a critical component in injury healing
Platelet Rich Plasma, commonly referred to as PRP, is human blood that is spun down and separated producing a concentration of platelets above normal values. Platelets are the clotting cells of our blood, but they also have great potential in enhancing healing of muscle, tendon, and ligaments. Studies suggest that growth factors released by platelets recruit reparative cells, may augment tissue repair, and accelerate soft tissue healing.
Most common Treatments that can be improved with PRP:
- Arthritis or osteoarthritis, especially those with degenerative knee cartilage
- A torn ligament
- Bulging or herniated disc
- Injuries due to sports or exercising (such “tennis elbow,” plantar fasciitis in runners, or common injuries affecting the rotator cuff)
- Sacroiliac problems
- Sciatica/sciatic nerve pain
- Common hand injuries experienced by younger and middle-aged adults, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, Skier’s or “Gamekeepers” thumb and “Texting thumb”
- Chronic pain in any susceptible area such as the neck, lower back, knees or shoulders
- Instability, loss of balance, stiffness and loss of flexibility/range of motion
What Are Stem Cells?
Adult stem cells are a fully grown body’s “repair” and “regenerate” mechanism. They are able to:
- Turn into replacement cells,
- Make more of themselves, and
- Secrete healing substances specific to an injury or disease.
Regenerative medicine holds great promise to repair damaged tissues and organs and restore functionality by stimulating the body's own regenerative capacity. The interdisciplinary field comprises several techniques and specialties, such as tissue engineering, medicine and molecular biology, to replace, engineer, or regenerate cells, tissues, or organs with the objective of restoration or establishing of the normal function.
Stem Cell Therapy
The human body’s usually unwanted fat tissue may end up, after all, as a very useful contributor to regenerative medicine, a rapidly expanding set of innovative medical technologies that restore human function by enabling the body to repair, replace, or regenerate damaged, aging or diseased cells, tissues, and organs. The use of autologous or one’s own fat, which in itself contains large amounts of various types of stem cells, is a new frontier in medicine that's widely accepted in Europe and Asia.
Surecell are already using an adult’s own stem cells not for cosmetic effects alone but to meet the rising demand for anti-aging and rejuvenation treatments, as well as addressing more serious medical conditions, including acute cardiovascular disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, inflammation, arthritis, and hypertension.